On the Golden Rule . . .
THE JESUSONIAN MOVEMENT — An Overview
Inception: Jesus (7BC – 30 AD)
Adherents: 2.1 Billion (2005) [EBI Estimate]
The Word of (about and/or attributed to) God:
- This one God is our heavenly Father, in whom all things consist, and who dwells, by his spirit, in every sincere human soul.
- We who are the children of God should learn how to commit the keeping of our souls to him as to a faithful Creator.
- With our heavenly Father all things are possible.
- We cannot search out God by knowledge, but we can know him in our hearts by personal experience.
- All good things come down from the Father of light, in whom there is no variableness neither shadow of changing.
- The spirit of the true God is in man’s heart.
- We live in God and God dwells in us.
- Core Beliefs: The unwritten gospel that Jesus and the Apostles went about preaching and teaching was based upon the Fatherhood of God and its correlated Truth, the Brotherhood and Sisterhood of humankind. Jesus compared the progressive growth of the faithful individual and society to that of a mustard seed. The Son of God always deferred to the Heavenly Father. He also placed great emphasis on the enveloping and indwelling spiritual ministries of the Holy Spirit as well as the Spirit of Truth.