Definitions: (1) free from the control or rule of another; selfgoverning; not subject to the undo influence of others; selfdetermined; (2) selfdirecting; not subject to bias, persuasion, or influence; selfcommanding; (3) possessing an intrepid spirit; bold
Synonyms: separate, unconstrained, unrestricted
Saying: If it is to be, it is up to me.
No man is an island — John Donne (1575 – 1631) Meditation, the 17th devotion
— Terry Brooks (1944 – ) The Black Unicorn
Steps to Financial Independence
Adapted from Catherine Ponder (1927 – ) The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity
- Be quiet, meditate, and ask.
- Decide to achieve financial independence and get a sense of peace about the rightness of it for you.
- Make a detailed mental picture of what you really want.
- Proceed as you feel led. Do not try to force or hurry your way to fulfillment.
- Quietly continue to persevere in whatever ways are revealed to you. Stick to it and you will succeed!
- Realize that your dreams of financial independence have already come true on the mental plane and that every good thing already exists.
- Remind yourself often of what you have already accomplished.